- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cranberry sauce, coarsely chopped if chunky
- 8 (¾-inch-thick) slices white bread, such as Pullman
- 12 oz roast turkey, thinly sliced
- 4 oz grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat; brush with butter.
2. In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, whisk together milk and eggs; season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread cranberry sauce evenly on 4 bread slices. Top evenly with turkey; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Carefully transfer sandwiches to egg mixture. Soak, pressing lightly with a spatula, 1 minute on each side. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Flip and bake 7 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 / Total Time 35 min. / Active Time 15 min.
BBQ Turkey and Stuffing Waffles
with Crispy Onions and Cranberry-Jalapeńo Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapeńos
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 4 cups leftover stuffing, crumbled
- Vegetable oil, for waffle iron
- ¾ lb roast turkey, sliced
- 1½ tsp barbecue rub spice blend
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into 8 slices
- Leftover French-fried onions
- 4 sunny-side-up fried eggs
- In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; refrigerate. Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and butter. Stir in stuffing. Brush top and bottom of waffle iron with vegetable oil. Firmly pack waffle iron with stuffing mixture
- Close and cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and easily lifted out of iron. Remove and separate into 4 waffles.
- Heat a griddle or grill pan to medium-high; brush with oil. Coat turkey in BBQ rub. Cook until caramelized, about 2 minutes on each side. Spread waffles evenly with cranberry mayo. Top each with 3 slices bacon, 2 slices tomato, turkey and a sprinkling of fried onions. If desired, top with eggs.
Serves 4 / Active Time 30 min. / Total Time 30 min.
Turkey Croissant Sandwich
with Sweet Potato and Monterey Jack
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 4 large croissants, halved
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ¾ lb roast turkey, sliced
- 1 cup stuffing
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and horseradish.
- Lay croissant bottoms cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread with horseradish mayonnaise; top with cranberry sauce. Layer evenly with turkey, stuffing and sweet potatoes; top each with a slice cheese
- Bake 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top evenly with spinach. Spread top halves of croissants with horseradish mayonnaise and place on sandwiches.
Serves 4 / Active Time15 min. / Total Time15 min.
Turkey Leftovers Panini
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slices sourdough sandwich bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded leftover roast turkey
- 3 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup leftover dressing
- 2 Tbsp leftover giblet gravy
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
Serves 1 / Active Time15 min. / Total Time15 min.
Roasted Turkey, Bacon, Onion Relish Sandwich
Serves 4 / Active Time 15 min. / Total Time 1 hr. 40 min.
Return to Front Page